MECATHERM’s newly launched vertical oven won the Gulfood Manufacturing Excellence Award in the Best Processing Innovation category. The M-VT is a very compact, flexible oven that can be used for a wide range of bakery goods, from crusty bread to pastries and soft products. The equipment was designed to reduce energy consumption and includes innovative features such as the new Hygro Control System and an energy recovery system.
“We would like to sincerely thank the jury members. This additional prize recognizes the hard work of MECATHERM teams in developing this innovative vertical oven that brings together a series of innovations including sustainability and connectivity,” the company posted.
According to the organizers, “The Gulfood Manufacturing Industry Excellence Awards are bestowed upon the industry’s revolutionary pioneers as recognition of the most innovative products and technologies that have made outstanding contributions to the industry within the past year – and in doing so, encouraging more companies to invest in technological innovation to improve productivity, providing users with increased convenience, and achieving sustainable development.”
The categories of the 2023 Gulfood Manufacturing Industry Excellence Awards were:
- Best Food Safety Innovation Award
- Best Processing Innovation Award
- Best Packaging Innovation Award
- Digital Transformation Initiative
- Best Ingredients Innovation Award
- Health & Wellbeing Innovation Award
- Renewable Energy Initiative (NEW)
- Plant-Based Manufacturing Company of the Year Award (NEW)
- Sustainable Company of the Year Award
- Sustainability Champion of the Year (NEW)
Read more about the M-VT oven: