Kwik Lok will feature the latest in sustainable closure solutions and machinery at the IBIE, from September 18-21, 2022. Kwik Lok is focused on providing more sustainable bag closures, and will feature a variety of solutions in its booth (#2024) to meet the needs of bakery companies, including:
- Eco-Lok—a sustainable bag closure made of plant-based polymer NuPlastiQ®. It uses up to 20% less fossil fuels in the manufacturing process and remains printable, reusable, and metal detector compatible. It is made with up to 20% renewably sourced starches, Kwik Lok highlights.
- Fibre-Lok—an environmentally-friendly closure composed entirely of 100% post-consumer recycled paper that offers the same reliability as traditional Kwik Lok products for those looking for a 100% plastic-free solution that is home compostable in some markets and recyclable in others. It may be home compostable and/ or provisionally recyclable, depending on the infrastructure available.
- Next-generation Closing Machines featuring Laser-Stitch Technology—which indicates if a bag has been opened while also preventing bags from tearing. “Our recently updated “Closing Line of the Future” offers market-leading closing technology. It includes our 893 closing machine bundled with Kwik Lok’s tamper-evident 909 laster stitch machine and our newest fiber laser print technology. Both Eco-Lok and Fibre-Lok are designed to work with this line for state-of-the-art business and sustainability solutions,” Kwik Lok details.
Eco-Lok and Fibre-Lok can be used with existing Kwik Lok automatic bag closing.
“We remain focused on delivering solutions that are not only innovative but also focused on sustainability. We understand that there is no one-size-fits-all closure that meets the varying sustainability needs of our international customers,” said Don Carrell, CEO, Kwik Lok. “Our team will be available at IBIE to demonstrate our latest innovations and to help guide our current and potential customers in selecting the sustainable closure technology that best meets their business needs and market requirements.”
During the show, Kwik Lok will hold presentations about sustainability and the supply chain:
- Director of Global Supply Chain Maggie Brown will participate in a panel discussion about supply chain challenges on September 19, on the ACD Stage of the RBA Bakers Center
- Engineering Product Manager Viktoria Pakhnyuk, PhD, and Sales Manager Jesse Garcia will discuss sustainability during the Tortilla Industry Association’s Tech Conference on Saturday, September 17
- Chief People Officer, Christy Petty will join two learning opportunities on September 19
- How to Start Building Your Diversity Initiative – Best Practices from Industry Peers: ABA DEI Working Group representatives and BEMA DEI Task Force share their insights on diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives
Kwik Lok provides science-backed solutions to markets worldwide. “We are sensitive to ever-changing regulatory and consumer pressures that are driving changes in the baking industry and are committed to working with our customers to find the best solution for their unique situations,” the company notes.
Kwik Lok is involved in four global plastics pacts:
- US Plastics Pact
- Canada Plastics Pact
- Europe Plastics Pact
- Australia, New Zealand and Pacific Islands Plastics Pact
It is also on the Sustainability Committees for the American Bakers Association and the Baking Association of Canada.
Photo: Kwik Lok
Read more exhibitor highlights: